Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Fried Bee Hoon

I usually go the Central Markets in Adelaide every Tuesday and once I've done my Fruit and Vegetable shopping I usually  treat myself to a meal - anything Asian excites me so i try many different meals....This is by far my favourite and I've just learnt how easy and cheap and wonderful it is to make myself!!!!!


3 Cloves of Garlic 
2 Slices of Ginger
15g oil
250g Chicken Sliced small and seasoned in salt and pepper
4 dried shiitake mushrooms (sliced and julienned)
100g carrot, julienned
400g water or liquid stock (I used 1 Tbsp veg stock concentrate and 400g water)
200g rice vermicelli (soaked in cold water until soft) drained 
100g cabbage
Sauces:
1 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, pepper 


Place garlic and ginger into TM bowl  Speed 5 for 5 seconds
Add oil and cook for 3 minutes - Varoma temp - Speed 1
Insert Butterfly, add chicken & mushrooms.  Cook for 5 minutes - Varoma temp - Speed soft
Add carrot and cook for a further 3 minutes - Varoma temp - Speed soft


Add remaining ingredients and cook for 9 minutes - Varoma temp - Speed soft 


You may like to stir by hand a few times during cooking time to help combine it all. I actually emptied it all into a big bowl before i added the noodles and gave it a big mix and then poured it all back into the thermomix bowl to start cooking.
I also added other vegetables - get as creative as you like and happy cooking


(recipe taken and slightly adapted from Thermomix Asian Cookbook) 

2 comments:

  1. Due to an oversight in inventory, I substituted fish sauce for oyster sauce and peanut oil for sesame oil. We nearly all loved it! I will try it the "right" way next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle - Glad it was a winner with almost everybody! I made it again tonight for a shared meal with friends, went down a treat. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete