- 2 Tbsp dried Shitake mushrooms (I mill mind first - see how on my blog Here)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil or 20g butter
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2cm nob of ginger
- 2 carrots sliced thinly
- 800g water
- 2 Tbsp chicken stock paste (see Quirky cooking recipe Here) - it's at the bottom of the soup reicpe
- Half a bag of egg noodles (cooked and drained first)
- 200g Broccoli
- 250g sliced chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Sesame oil to taste
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Chicken Noodle Soup - Asian style
I got this recipe from a friend who is always trying recipes that her kids will love! She said this was a winner, I've made it - it's delicious and thought i'd convert it to a Thermomix Recipe....it's very simple.
Place garlic, ginger, onion in Thermomix, chop speed 7 for 3 seconds
Add oil/butter and saute on 100 degrees, speed 1 for 3 minutes
Add carrots, chicken, water, stock, mushrooms to bowl and cook on 100 degrees, speed 1, reverse for 12 minutes
Add broccoli, noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cook on 100 degrees, speed 1 for a further 5 minutes.
Add sesame oil, stir gently and serve.
Hope this is also a winner in your household, kids and all!
I am wondering if i could get away with not cooking the noodles first.....just putting them into the soup raw....perhaps i'll try that next time??!!!