Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Vanilla Custard

If you've been to one of my demo's you may have tasted this lovely vanilla custard......It's the basic custard recipe with a tsp of vanilla bean paste!  It is just delicious and the specks of vanilla bean are stunning!
I buy my vanilla bean paste from Gaganis bros - it is 320grams worth, so it's pretty expensive but it lasts a long time.  If you don't go to Gaganis then you can get the small tub from most supermarkets in the cake decorating section....it's about $10 for 65g.

90g raw sugar
30g cornflour
2 eggs or 3 for a richer custard
700g milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste

Put sugar and cornflour in Thermomix, mill on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
Add eggs, milk and vanilla bean paste - 90 degrees, 7 minutes on speed 4.

As easy as that.  It is a runny pouring custard - nice with puddings or just on it's own or even with sliced banana it's good.  If you want it thicker just reduce the qty of milk.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome recipe - worked perfectly the first time and you can really taste the true vanilla. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my own vanilla bean paste! Look for Tick of Yum's recipe for it. It's super easy, so flavoursome and EASY! I got my vanilla beans from a co-op for 60c each which is insanely cheap. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete